Internet, Email and Computer Usage Policies
This page contains sample local government policies on the use of computing devices including desktop, mobile computing devices and smart phones; Internet usage; and electronic communications by employees and elected officials. For additional information on public records retention, see our page on Electronic Public Records Retention.
Local Government Policies
- Anacortes Use of Communication Systems (), 2009 - Includes section on cellular phone reimbursement
- Bellevue Technology Resource Usage Policy and Work Rules (), 2011
- East Wenatchee Use of City Resources Policy (), 2011
- Ellensburg Computer System, Internet and E-mail Policy (), effective 01/2010 - Section 9.6 of the Personnel Policies Manual. Includes list of prohibited uses of the Internet.
- Enumclaw Acceptable Use of City Information Technology Resources Policy (), 06/2011
- Everett Electronic Communications and Technology Resources Policy (), 07/2010
- Ferndale Wireless Internet, Email, Instant Messaging and Other Communication Devices for City Council Members (), 2012
- Millwood Management of City Information and Use of Information Processing Facilities (), 05/2012
- Redmond Technology Usage Plan (), 2009
- Seattle City-Owned Technology Resource Acceptable Use Policy () effective 6/24/10- Includes list of prohibitions and limitation
- Tumwater Information Technology Use Policy (), 1/2011
- Union Gap Computer System, Internet and E-Mail Use (), 2011